Thursday, 16 July 2015
They still have to be wired up before full use when they will help to remove the fumes of the diesel when its shunting and also the dust of the sanding.
Ironically we had to do a shunt to remove 3132 from the workshop so that the guys could do the installation.
Job done and two fans installed. This is one of them replacing a window in the Malvern side of the workshop.
With 3132 moved out to the barn Richard Ken and I re installed the window prepared yesterday. We started by applying two rivets to hold it in place then left Ken doing the rest of them and filling round the edge of the frame.
On the other side of the carriage John Osborn sorted out a bulge in the side, a cut and weld together job.
Ken also made a patch for another small hole.
It was riveted in rather than welded due to the panelling and insulation behind the panel. It will be chemical metal filled to bond it in place.
In the paintshop work on 5023 was wide ranging with Alan varnishing in the vestibules
Robin doing some of the fiddle little jobs. This one required assistance from Steve who did some trim work on the centre door
before fitting the sliding saloon door.
Robin moved on to paint the exterior carriage connection door. The colour is called 'Orange Brown'. I guess they couldn't make up their minds about it. I can see why.
Preparing for the lining out Cheryl removed the tape.......
and most of her nails OOOOPs.
When Cheryl left I took over and taped up the first section and started lining out in yellow.
Out side the tidying up continued with several contributing the undercoating of the two containers.
The end of the day and two containers progressing well.
The roof also got attention
as did the compressor shed.
It being a nice afternoon it was good to be working out side.
Last thing, after I left, the centre car of the DMU was brought to Winchcombe ready for its repaint and overhaul over then next few weeks.