Returning to TSO 4763's progress, Richard Hoy initially completed undercoating parts of the Cotswold side of the coach, before moving round to do the south end on the Malvern side.
Cheryl meanwhile greyed up the north end of the same side as far as the end door. The final toilet section had been done the day before.
Jim began by sanding down the north end corridor door and then completed the surrounding dark grey undercoating.
Phil and Jim continued the roof undercoating and achieved quite a lot, leaving just a small area to finish the job.
Back to Robin, this time painting the cleaned-up light sockets for 4763.
A final look at the overall coach, with the south end undercoating also completed.
Now onto Saturday
Jenny and John completed another seat and are looking for their next project.
We did slip a quick job in for them the other day. This one of the kneelinh pads we use for various jobs around the works. its so much easier on our aging knees! The team duly recovered it as it was getting very tatty.
Dave was on a tidy up which meant he ended up doing some of the bitty jobs. this one came in about 16 sections. The seat topper strips for 4614
On the carriage itself, Chris was in fitting another of the door liners. This one is door 2, we still have to refit the lock of course, he also started on one of the liners for door 1. This is another job that comes in repeated parts there are 12 door liners to a standard carriage you just hope we don't need to replace them all when a carriage comes in. I think we have got away with only doing 10 for this carriage!
James was again working on the north end and Malvern side of the BSK 24929 in the barn. The ndwe section of steel lined up ready to be welded in place. a nod of the head the mask comes down and away he goes.
Yes this picture is the right way up although even I had to look at it twice! We are so used to seeing the light at the top of a picture. This is the underside the Green TSO where the pipe work was getting a lot of attention from a small team volunteers. They have got most of the new pipe in place. Its a question of getting the distribution values set up on the seat pipe and final joints on the vacuum pipe.
Richard also put the small window frame in the Malvern side of the BSK before sorting out the door bumper positions on 4614. Having changed from single to double doors some extra one are required.