Thanks to everybody for your support and encouragement.
Today was a quiet day with a group of 12 visiting the West Somerset Railway there was only 8 stalwerts to carry on the work.
I was also entrusted with the keys, OH THE PRESSURE!!!!
I remembered the keys ok, but left my lunch and Mobile Phone (thus camera) at home. So no new pictures today.
First to arrive was John Squires who disappered into the barn to progress the refitting of a section of the vacuum pipe that he repaired a few weeks ago. Its been waiting for the end section of SO 4790 to be repaired before refitting. After todays effort it will fit but still need a bit of welding to finally get the job done. - Over to the bright sparks (welders), Pete or John.
Next was Cheryl who finished the taping of the workshop side black line of the RBr for me to paint. She then got the brushes out and set about giving 2 doors their first coat of gloss and tidying up a few areas on the wall side of the carriage.
Chris and Nikki arrived and tackled a series of woodworking task inside the RBr trimming the windows and the kitchen ceiling. This was a tricky bit as it conceals some wiring, if only we knew exactly what the wiring was for but as we couldn't reach either end and it looks to be in good condition we left well alone.
|7221 in the garden siding|
Derek then spent a lot of time clearing sections of the floor sucking up the bits and emptying the vacuum cleaner. This was a somewhat repetitious job.
Great perseverance Derek.
Pete Hackett came in and got stuck. Well almost. He removed the masking tape in and around the staff quarters and store on the RBr. This had been there for a while and wanted to stay. In the end he managed to separate it from the walls and paint a few more bits of the trimming. He also made great efforts to clean up the cushions in the staff quarters. They look much better now, well done. Can we add a bucket of elbow grease to the next stock order?
The last member of our little team today was Bob Keyte out painter extraordinaire. He completed another section of the lining on the RBr then undercoated the last door left in gray and finished the top coat on a window we had somehow missed. Then he set about cleaning the paint from the window edges ready to start some varnishing on the workshop side of the RBr.
Me, I finished the lower black line workshop side on the RBr that Cheryl had taped. Then I did a section at the top of the wall side and painted some door stops while there weren't to many people around. I also finished the warning marker post for the yard.
Oh and I didn't go hungry, the bacon rolls from the restaurant car on the train are defiantly to be recommended. Try one next time you visit!